A person centred approach using signposting to help patients receive:-
- The Right Care
- By the Right Professional
- At the Right Time
Why Care Navigation?
- Improves primary care by introducing better signposting for patients.
- Helps improve access to general practice services
- Patients see the most appropriate Clinician or service to meet their needs.
How Will it work?
- Reception staff have been trained to Care Navigate and will ask you some questions about the reason for your appointment.
- Receptionists are trained to follow a protocol, they will not make clinical decisions themselves.
- Reception may signpost you to an alternative healthcare service.
- If you need to see a GP you will still be able to.
You could be signposted to:-
- Practice Pharmacist
- Nurse Practitioner
- First for Wellbeing