Does your GP know you look after someone?
If you help a family member or friend because of their physical, mental ill health, frailty, disability or substance misuse…then you are a Carer!
If you look after someone you are at a higher risk of becoming ill yourself
Why it’s important to let your GP know?
- It will be recorded in your notes – important in case you become unwell - helps protect the person(s) you look after
- Provides a gateway to information and support including respite
- You should be offered a flu jab
- You may be offered a regular health check
- You may be offered more flexible appointments and home visits
- Help you get advice on treatment for the person you look after
- Recognition as an expert partner in care and vital link between the person you look after and health professionals
Ask a member of the practice staff how to register or contact Northamptonshire Carers
Tel: 01933 677907 or visit www.northamptonshire-carers.org