Social Prescribing is a new free service available to adults (18+) who are ready to make a change in their lives to improve their health and wellbeing.
A Social Prescribing Link Worker will support you to access activities and services within your community, enabling you to improve your health and wellbeing helping you to stay well.
How does it work?
A member of your GP practice team may suggest a referral to the Social Prescribing Service. A Social Prescribing Link Worker will make contact with you to talk to your and find out more about what you would like help with. The link worker can arrange an appointment at a time and place convenient to you.
A SOCIAL PRESCRIBER IS:
- Confidential, practical, helpful, non-judgmental
- Someone who can help you to decide what you’d like to do to improve your health and wellbeing by finding you activities that will suit you
- Someone to support you on your way
SERVICES AVAILABLE MAY INCLUDE:
- Healthy lifestyles and activities
- Arts, music, outdoors and creative • Befriending, counselling, support
- Housing benefits, financial advice
- Employment, training and volunteering
- Education and learning
- Access to specialist services.